In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Guillaume Lebleu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

>>>Another solution, conceptually, would be to use the ideas used in
>>>XBRL, and markup on a separate page/footnote/legend the definition "1
>>>cent is 1/100th of a US dollar", and then refer to that definition
>>>using the include pattern from the page containing the "10 cents"
>>>content

Andy Mabbett wrote:
Can you provide examples of people publishing such a legend, alongside prices and other such monetary amounts?

See http://investor.google.com/fin_data.html - top legend. These are very common in tabular reporting.

I don't see anything like "1 cent is 1/100th of a US dollar" on that page.

Of the two models, which do you think would be easier, for publishers?

I think in your example, the easiest for publisher would be to mark up "cent" as the unit/denomination and as the currency as in:

You didn't answer my question; and your example has titles on spans. How do you think they would work?

Which do you think would be more efficient - +/- 1 million publishers make that statement, including it in the code of, say, 100 parsers?

A parser can embed in its implementation the definition that "a cent = one 100th of a dollar". Or, this definition can be declared somewhere, ideally marked up via POSH so that the parser is generic.

So are you now retracting your suggestion that publishers include such statements on their pages?

--
Andy Mabbett