Dear Regu,

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 23:34, Regunath Balasubramanian <
regunath_balasubraman...@mindtree.com> wrote:

>  Dear Bindul,
>
> I wonder if there is anyone out there that can fix this better than you
> would :)

In the open source spirit - contributors are more than welcome - and would
take some workload off us :-)

> Btw, the questions around the maven-nsis-plugin appear to be out of context
> of Insight. I wonder if people are trying to use this to build their own
> projects!

I believe people are using the NSIS (and also the jsmooth) plug-in to build
other projects. I actually does not surprise me - I think its healthy reuse.
The plug-ins were developed initially just to support what Insight needed.
If they grow I would love it.

> For e.g, in one of the mails, the guy wanted to add/remove some jar. Why
> would he want to do that for? Even if it was for a feature enhancement that
> required some external library, it would ideally be logged as a feature in
> the Feature tracker.
>
> With regards to the localization, making just the installer localized will
> not help much as the application still uses hardcoded English messages and
> literals. So how would the change only to the NSIS plug-in be sufficient?

Talking about Insight as a whole, I have a few things in mind and will be
starting a separate chain (hopefully this weekend) on Insight 2.0. I have
done some preliminary work on this - and have grand plans (and some time).

> The above reasons make me wonder if the requests are really for Insight or
> for standalone use of the NSIS plug-in!

This is actually a little premature, but I was going to propose moving the
maven plug-ins into their own MindTree Sourceforge project (MindTree Maven
Plugins). I was going to (and still probably will) hold off on that until
Insight 2.0 is out.

The current changes in the NSIS plug-in are small and no more than a couple
of hours work. I will get that done this weekend, then send out the Insight
2.0 thoughts. Some of that is already in the wiki (
http://mindtreeinsight.wiki.sourceforge.net/Insight_UI_2.0_Thoughts).<http://mindtreeinsight.wiki.sourceforge.net/Insight_UI_2.0_Thoughts>

Cheers!
> Regu

Regards,