All,

I would like to propose that we split out the Maven plug-ins developed to
aid Insight development into a separate SF.net project (MindTree Maven
Plugins or MindTree Infix?). My reasoning for the proposal:

   1. The scope and use of the plug-ins does not really chime with the core
   theme of the MindTree Insight SF.net project (which is to develop and
   distribute Insight). The plug-ins are general purpose tools to aid in
   Software/Release engineering
   2. Majority of the user defects and requested enhancements on the Insight
   Trackers (excluding the ones we copied over from internal MindTree trackers)
   are for the two plug-ins. See [1], [2] and [3] below.
   3. A separate Maven plug-in centric project provides a place to grow and
   enhance the two plug-ins independently as well as promotes future related
   plug-ins.

The new project would of course have the similar development policies as
Insight (like the MindTree namespace for packages: like
com.mindtree.techworks.infix.*; attribution similar to [4]; GPL licensing;
etc.).

Please share your thoughts / support / objection.

Regards,
Bindul

[1] JSmooth plugin defects:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=browse&group_id=212019&atid=1020092&category=1091388