From: Bindul Bhowmik [mailto:bindulbhow...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 6:25 AM
To: Insight Development Mailing List
Subject: [insight-devel] [Proposal] Split maven plugins to separate project

All,

I would like to propose that we split out the Maven plug-ins developed to aid
Insight development into a separate SF.net project (MindTree Maven Plugins or
MindTree Infix?). My reasoning for the proposal:

  1.  The scope and use of the plug-ins does not really chime with the core
theme of the MindTree Insight SF.net project (which is to develop and
distribute Insight). The plug-ins are general purpose tools to aid in
Software/Release engineering
  2.  Majority of the user defects and requested enhancements on the Insight
Trackers (excluding the ones we copied over from internal MindTree trackers)
are for the two plug-ins. See [1], [2] and [3] below.
  3.  A separate Maven plug-in centric project provides a place to grow and
enhance the two plug-ins independently as well as promotes future related
plug-ins.
The new project would of course have the similar development policies as
Insight (like the MindTree namespace for packages: like
com.mindtree.techworks.infix.*; attribution similar to [4]; GPL licensing;
etc.).

Please share your thoughts / support / objection.

Regards,
Bindul

[1] JSmooth plugin defects:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=browse&group_id=212019&atid=1020092&category=1091388