Antoni V. dixit:

>> For your prompt, you just need to change line 41 to:
>>      REPLY+=${HOSTNAME%%.*}@
>>
>> Also, drop the first space from line 49, I guess.

>With your instructions I got PS1 and ^L just like I needed! For that I
>thank you a lot. I think this makes everything almost perfect for me.
>But there are a little things still bugging.

Good to hear. Sure, but little things are often configurable ;)

>First, if I type ^C the current line in the terminal will be
>terminated and the new line will be prefixed with "130|" before PS1.
>Is that intended? - is there a way to turn off?

Yes, that is intended: if $? is != 0 then it will be displayed,
and ^C creates SIGINT which is signal 2 on your system, and $?
is set to the signal number plus 128.

You could create a trap to avoid that:

        trap : INT

Or you can remove the $?-printing code from PS1 altogether, that’s this
line:

        (( e )) && REPLY+="$e|"

>If I type ~<tab> it transforms ~ into /home/antoniv shouldn't it be
>/home/antoniv/ ? With the finishing /? And like before is there a way
>to keep it ~ without transformation? This one is just curiosity,
>doesn't bug me too much.

That’s unfortunately not possible (it was hard enough to get tab
completion with tilde and “funny chars” in paths working as is).

>In the end I'm enjoying mksh especially since it's so much "cleaner"
>than other monsters ;)

Thanks! Same here, by the way, I had a good base from which to start
which was lean and working mostly well, and improved from there.

>Thanks for it.

You’re welcome!

bye,
//mirabilos
--
„Cool, /usr/share/doc/mksh/examples/uhr.gz ist ja ein Grund,
mksh auf jedem System zu installieren.“