On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Dan Goodes wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Is anyone else experiencing difficulty mirroring Apache at the moment.
> This morning at approx 10:00 Australian EST (or Midnight GMT), we got a
> "Max connections (35) reached" error trying to mirror the apache-site
> module (from the rsync server at www.apache.org::). Could this be
> investigated?

There is no problem right at the moment, but Henk's rsync pages
http://www.apache.org/~henkp/rstats/
do show that we've been exceeding the connection limit on occasion.

This is usually caused by an out-of-control client using up all the
slots.  We could up the limit, but it probably wouldn't help.

Please do continue to inform us if you get rejected consistently and, as
Erik suggests, try a slightly less "round" time for your rsync.

(Judging from this page:
http://www.apache.org/mirrors/
it does seem like many of our mirrors missed an update in the last few
days.)

Joshua.