Hi all,

I'm working on migrating from NetBSD 9.3 to NetBSD 10.0 (RC5), and from amd64 to aarch64. Here are a few things I found regarding opensmtpd:

  - opensmtpd is available again via pkgsrc with the latest version,
    7.4.0p1nb1, and it builds fine
  - it doesn't run, however; it fails to start with setuid errors:
     (1012 == _smtpd, 1013 == _smtpq)
  $ sudo smtpd -d
  info: OpenSMTPD 7.4.0-portable starting
  crypto: setuid 1012: Operation not permitted: Operation not permitted
  lookup: setuid 1012: Operation not permitted: Operation not permitted
  scheduler: setuid 1012: Operation not permitted: Operation not permitted
  control: setuid 1012: Operation not permitted: Operation not permitted
  queue: setuid 1013: Operation not permitted: Operation not permitted
  warn: lost child: control exited abnormally
  warn: lost processor: dnsbl exited abnormally
  smtpd: setuid 1013: Operation not permitted: Operation not permitted
  dispatcher: setuid 1012: Operation not permitted: Operation not permitted

  - giving up on the pkgsrc build and reverting back to my own build, like
    I've been running forever, I upgraded my own build of libressl to 3.8.2
    and ran configure on a fresh download of opensmtpd 7.4.0p1.
    Configure fails as follows:
  $ ./configure --prefix=`pwd`/local
--with-libssl=/home/vajda/libressl-3.8.2/local --with-libevent=/usr/pkg
--with-path-CAfile=/usr/pkg/share/mozilla-rootcerts/cacert.pem
--with-path-queue=/var/spool/smtpd --with-path-empty=/var/empty
--with-path-mbox=`pwd`/local/var/mbox --with-path-socket=/var/run
--with-path-pidfile=/var/run
  checking whether LibreSSL's headers match the library... no
  configure: error: Your LibreSSL headers do not match your library.

  - reverting back to version 7.3.0p2 I get no errors, it builds as
    configured above and starts fine !
  $ sudo smtpd -f /usr/pkg/etc/smtpd/smtpd.conf -d
  info: OpenSMTPD 7.3.0-portable starting
  dnsbl: config|smtpd-version|7.3.0-portable
  dnsbl: config|smtp-session-timeout|300
  dnsbl: config|subsystem|smtp-in
  dnsbl: config|admd|olafpi.ovaltofu.org
  dnsbl: config|ready