Andreas Bihlmaier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I know of two solutions:
> 1.)The best thing to do is switching to a PTY (alt + ctrl + F1)
> and then pulling down the lid, after opening it again go back
> to you X terminal (alt + ctrl + F1)
>
> 2.) If apm IS enabled, Disable apm (perhaps even NOT starting
> apmd is enough).  If apm IS disabled, enable and start apmd on
> startup via /etc/rc.conf

I would say the other way around.

1) Enable apmd by putting the correct line in rc.conf.local (you
can copy and change apmd.. from rc.conf). Reboot and then try
again.

If no success.
2) Report bug. Use messy workaround (switching to text console)
until bug is fixed.

Last I had problems with sleep on my Thinkpad R40 was when ehci
made it crash over a year ago. And yes hibernate works too.