On Oct 17, 2005, at 8:59 PM, Damien Gardner Jnr wrote:
[ Redirecting back to misc@ where this belongs ]

From: "Ken Gunderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pf@benzedrine.cx>

I'm having some issues w/an Intel PRO/1000 MT Dual Port Server Adapter
in an OBSD-3.7 firewall.  The card is in the pci-x riser on one of
these puppies;
Dmesg complains the "The EEPROM Checksum Is Not Valid".  I've tested
the card in a Winblows machine and it works.  Any insights as to what
is going on here greatly appreciated.

We had exactly the same problem with dual and quad versions of these same cards - we ended up swapping to PCI cards and changing the motherboard to
something with enough PCI slots to support all the cards..  :\

If this is the case, I'm glad this became public. I'm about to fork out for some of these. Can anyone suggest any specific Gig-E dual port cards that work well with 3.7-3.8? Vendor recommendations welcome.

Thanks,

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting