>Peter Laufenberg [open...@laufenberg.ch] wrote:
>>
>> Richard's not a web designer; he's a graphic designer. He put his portfolio
>> on blogspot after I commented that downloading a single, enormous PDF kindof
>> sucked, and I didn't know of a CMS that didn't suck.
>>

>It should go without saying (after everything that's already been said), but
>for www.openbsd.org, technical prowess (clean and concise implementation) is
>more important than graphic design skills.

Agreed.

>If they can't do both, then a new template isn't even worth attempting.

Disagreed. Compare the dispatching of tasks in OpenBSD itself; there are
different experts for different areas. Vertical vs horizontal.

Anyway I'm done with this thread; Ted put it quite clearly. I don't have a
major problem with the web site other than I almost dismissed OpenBSD because
the site and docs feel 10 years old. Free- and NetBSD looked much nicer but
after I saw actual usage stats I gave OpenBSD a 2nd look and forced myself past
the floppy/tape references and found OpenBSD's philosophy which just made sense.

In other circumstances I might have missed OpenBSD entirely, so I instinctively
don't like those red herrings, but I really don't know if more public attention
would make OpenBSD a better system. Linux's example seems to show it just goes
from bad to worse.

-- p