On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 03:10:29PM -0400, Simon Perreault wrote:
> Le 2012-10-24 14:54, Claudio Jeker a écrit :
> >But less PI space. Since some evangelists belive in the superiority of
> >IPv6 and try everything to make it impossible to get routable PI space.
> >At the moment IPv6 is a step backwards in all regards.
>
> Wait wait wait... what RIR doesn't take "multihoming" as a valid
> justification for getting IPv6 PI space?

Just as an example. A few weeks ago it was a lot easier to get one of the
last IPv4 PI address blocks at RIPE than getting a PI IPv6 block. Since
the first one has no strings attached (apart from having an AS number) and
the second one comes with a big ball of wool of extra rules that need to
be ensured and ensured and pretty please and yes please I would like PI
space.

The system is fucked up and so people will work around it in the worst
ways.
--
:wq Claudio