On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 01:29:16 +0100
Gilles LAMIRAL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have 2 internet connections.
> Each one is handled by an Openbsd system.
> Each one has an intERnet address.
> Each one is doing NAT for the intRAnet hosts.
> I have a smtp server (not openbsd) inside the intRAnet,
> its ip address is for example 192.168.35.3.
> I want the smtp server be contacted by both
> public adresses on the internet.
> What can I do ?

You should consider getting more public IP addresses as you need three
public addresses on each external connection, ideally.

> I want c1 be able to connect "directly" to the smtp1 host
> via ob1 or via ob2 depending on the ip used (ob1 or ob2).
>
>   +----+  +--------+
>   | c1 |__|Internet|
>   +----+  +--------+
>            |      |
>            |      |
+------------------------------+
| carp if                      |
+------------------------------+
>            |      |
>       +-----+    +-----+
>       | ob1 |    | ob2 |
>       +-----+    +-----+
           |          |
+------------------------------+
| carp if                      |
+------------------------------+
>          |__________|
>             +-------+
>             | smtp1 |
>             +-------+

You could look at the pf I posted a couple of days ago, there is one
slight problem with it and sending existing states, but everything else
appears ok.

http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/openbsd/2005-12/1829.html

You will also need to publish the address of the SMTP server on two
different DNS server IPS, one reachable on the first connection, and one
reachable on the second.

This will ensure that when one connection fails you are still reachable.

--
Regards, Ed http://www.usenix.org.uk - http://irc.is-cool.net
:%s/Open Source/Free Software/g