On Sat, Jul 29, 2023 at 03:45:36AM +0000, All wrote:
> Your network has first usable IP address 108.181.26.177, not
> 108.181.26.178. Also, your broadcast address is 108.181.26.191 and not
> 108.181.26.190

Yes, I had things setup with 108.181.26.177 as the first IP, but they
changed it. It was extremely frustrating to watch someone making changes
that I did not request. They also don't seem to have the capability to
read the support messages I sent them while actually making incorrect
changes.
Perhaps they just don't have a proper setup or are not using it.
I could see what they were doing by refreshing the IPMI preview screen.
But that really is just a poor set of images. It did let me see the
contents of files if I refreshed the image at just the right moment.
Getting them to type sh -x /etc/netstart or reboot despite giving them
detailed instructions beforehand. It took about 1 1/2hrs to get someone
to finally type sh /etc/netstart after doing all of the above.

But I have never worked in that field, so I really don't know what goes
on in their server farms.
There was another issue that I did not know how to deal with. I will
mention that in replying to another in this thread.

--
Chris Bennett