On Sat, Jul 29, 2023 at 07:41:18PM +0000, Philipp Buehler wrote:
> Am 29.07.2023 21:29 schrieb Chris Bennett:
> > The other IP's are randomly missing or give this:
> >
> > link#2             UHLc       0      450     -     3 em1

Hi,
I'm happy. I practiced on the other server until I was sure, then I
changed the first server over to the new way. I got one link#2 on the
last IP, so I aliased that one in too and rebooted. Everything is great.

What does link#2 mean in a more literal sense?

Tomorrow all I have to do is new DNS records and swap the IP addresses
for the other server.
Tell them to switch me over to the new IP's and I'm done.

I have no idea what the network problem was, but I leave my desktop on
24/7.
It crashed for the first time ever. Most likely it was the problem.

Thank you for the education. I fully approve of getting little pieces at
a time. Change this. Doesn't work. Study it carefully. Post again. More
problems. Then more help.
I have always liked OpenBSD's policy of not giving information to just
copy/paste.

Now I need to go make a donation.
Have a great day.

--