On Sun, Jul 30, 2023 at 07:30:27PM +0200, Karel Lucas wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm going to install openBSD on a small PC that currently has PfSense on it.
> This PC boots this OS via (U)EFI, and therefore has an EFI partition on the
> existing SSD. The current partition table looks like, as shown by openBSD
> fdisk:
>
>  0: efiboot0
>  1: gptboot0
>  2: swap0
>  3: zfs0.
>
> Should I keep the (U)EFI partition? And if so, how do I mount the future
> openBSD root partition to this (U)EFI installation? Are there any other
> things I should watch out for? I look forward to receiving responses from
> this community. Sincerely, Karel.

If you can afford a 2nd hard drive, that makes life very easy. Just have
a partition that is MSDOS if you need exchange files between all OS's

If you can't install a 2nd hard drive, OpenBSD runs fantastic on USB
sticks. (Assuming that the BIOS allows it.)

Plus, you can put it in your pocket and boot other computers somewhere
else.
Plus, you can get USB SSD or spinning hard drives.

However, if you are doing disk intensive work, USB is slow.

--
Chris Bennett