On Wed, 13 Mar 2024 20:58:12 +0100
Stefan Sperling <s...@stsp.name> wrote:

> iwm should work just fine.

I don't doubt it. I did some more research on my device (Intel AC 7260,
should have put it in my original message but I forgot to), and it
doesn't support MU-MIMO, which the router in the residence I'm staying
was set to use. I got the admin to disable this on the router, and it
seems to be working better. Either way, I decided to order an Intel
AX210, which appears to be supported by iwx(4). I would have gone for
an Atheros device, but it seems 802.11ac support hasn't been added for
those yet (looking at ath(4) and athn(4)).

> Please make sure that both antennas are connected properly.

I reconnected the antennas, no different results.