On Fri, Mar 15, 2024 at 01:40:56PM +0100, Dan via misc wrote:

> Interesting..
>
> Laurence Tratt via misc <misc@openbsd.org>:
>
> > This sounds to me like it might be due to USB stack performance problems,
> > though you'll at least want to give `dmesg` output so that those who better
> > understand this have a chance of helping.
> >
> > FWIW, there seem to be notable differences in USB performance on nominally
> > similar hardware with OpenBSD.
>
> Do you suggest to phisically (hub) separate peripherals from
> eg. storage devices for who is working in this kind of fashion?
>
> -Dan

I used a powered USB hub on a laptop that somehow solved a bunch of
connectivity problems to the laptop's USB3 port.
I needed a powered hub to run both the wifi dongle and a spinning USB
hard drive. No idea why it worked, but it did.

--
Regards,
Chris Bennett

"Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls
the past."
 George Orwell - 1984