On Sat, Mar 16, 2024 at 7:29 PM Nick Holland
<n...@holland-consulting.net> wrote:
> Again, an incorrect assumption.  boot -c does NOT retain
> changes between boots.  UKC> is after the kernel is loaded
> but before the kernel is fully running.  While in ukc>,
> the kernel doesn't really have an ability to write to
> disk, as it hasn't been fully started yet.

Thanks. That's what I thought. Until I ran 'boot -c' several
times and saw each of my UKC commands from previous
boots be in dmesg. What's going on with this?

> Be aware that altering the kernel binary will "break" the
> Kernal Address Re-Linking (KARL).  There are fixes for this,
> HOWEVER, I'm not sure what your goals are here in tweaking
> your kernel like this, but I'm guessing breaking KARL isn't
> your biggest problem you are about to create for yourself.
> This probably isn't something you want to be doing.

No no, I want KARL, it's very important. I didn't realize this
will break it. ANY kernel config editing does this?
Is there a way to avoid this?