Thx. So, there is no kernel support for the Intel MEI,
but kernel only knows how to identify it.

Ugh, I wish OpenBSD had a way to audit hardware
components, please? Because this Intel MEI is a
closed source software (Linux based from what I read)
and running inside our CPUs, with full unfettered
unchecked access to all hardware components,
with zero visibility for us to vet it because it's
'''proprietary'''. Can we still talk about security
in this context? What's OpenBSD's official position
on this?