On Tue, Apr 02, 2024 at 12:44:01AM +0530, Sandeep Gupta wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I need to access my desktop local machine after I did a sysupgrade -s (I
> had reasons to do so because some rust libraries were too old for some
> applications).
> Sysupgrade seems to have gone fine. Disk is healthy no issues reported.
>
> However when i tried to log from the console -- the login message shows but
> the system logs me out immediately.
> On the desktop gui too, with only root I was able to login. But running
> xterm from the fvwm menu fails.

This sounds very much like a situation where the base system and packages
are out seriously of sync AND your user is et up with a default shell from
packages (I am guessing bash).

The solution would likely be to log in as root, run pkg_add -D snap -u
to get the latest snapshot packages, then try to log in as your regular user.

https://bsdly.blogspot.com/ https://www.bsdly.net/ https://www.nuug.no/