Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von openbsd misc
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 3. August 2006 16:13
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: misc@openbsd.org
Betreff: Re: WPA support / creating a cf image

Hello,

that's exacly what I'm doing at the moment... :-) But that doesn't create an
image. The problem is in short: C/H/S. But it looks like I already answered my
question within the question ;-). m0n0wall is using phydiskwrite (which was
written to be able to flash cf cards under windows):

*       FreeBSD:
gzcat net45xx-xxx.img | dd of=/dev/rad[n] bs=16k
where n = the ad device number of your CF card (check dmesg); use
net48xx-xxx.img for net4801 and wrap-xxx.img for WRAP instead
(ignore the warning about trailing garbage - it's because of the digital
signature)
*       Linux:
gunzip -c net45xx-xxx.img | dd of=/dev/hdX bs=16k
where X = the IDE device name of your CF card (check with hdparm -i /dev/hdX)
- some adapters, particularly USB, may show up under SCSI emulation as
/dev/sdX
(ignore the warning about trailing garbage - it's because of the digital
signature)
*       Windows:
physdiskwrite net45xx-xxx.img

I'll try to create an image using flashdist (some modifications needed, but I
hope that's not to hard ;-)), gzip it and then I'll try to write it to an cf
card using windows.

Regards
     Hagen Volpers