Hey Bill,

> I noticed that Verisign has an option to secure more than one server
> with a single cert, but it basically doubles the price.

You don't need this per se.

FWIW, I have my certs via GoDaddy at this point in time. Works for me.

> The only reason I could think of that would require a single cert for
> two is if I was load balanced and you never knew what you were going to
> get on your next request...  In fact, I am probably at this point going
> to self sign the backup, and do a normal cert on the primary.

Well, since any of my masters has yet to fail me in more than 3 years,
I've never had to deal with *anything*, basically. (Yes, I tried just
about everything in my 'lab setup')

I don't use a load-balancing, but a failover setup.

AFAIAC, one set of carp hosts is one server, therefore I need one cert,
which I configure on each individual carp host. For me, that's end of
story.

I am a really, really cheap bastard... Nico ;-)