Bill Chmura wrote:
Hello,

I have two web servers carp'd that I am getting ssl certs for.  I have it all
running with my own self signed ones, but need to get a verisign or thwate cert.

Is there any issues that are gonna bite me with doing this?  Since they all
appear the same, the cert info will be very similar and I don't want to buy
them without making sure it's gonna be okay if I just apply for them using the
info generated on each box?

The servers are a master / backup - so the the traffic should mostly be going
to one server (unless something bad happens).

Any info would be great.

Thanks

Bill

This should basically work the same as it does here -- we have one DNS entry pointing to multiple machines, and we just make sure our certificate is based on the shared domain (i.e. server.foo.bar rather than server1.foo.bar).

If you want to make this /extra/ easy, buy a *.foo.bar certificate and just copy it to both places.

--
Jason Faulkner
Systems Manager