Not calling someone unfriendly and just focusing on the conversation/technical details at hand, would be much more friendly.. even considering friendship wasn't the subject of discussion in the first place.

Someone else attacked me on this list for not discussing this with
Theo.  I explained the reason in the gentlest way I could think of.

The same argument could be made about your unfriendliness. We could not talk to you since you have *proven* to be unfriendly:

http://z505.com/images/gnu-sign.png

Any programmer or philosopher worth his salt can appear critical, analytical, or unfriendly at times. Security experts especially.

I doubt someone who is truly unfriendly could organize a hackathon, a friendly social event. Remember, this is just email after all, Stallman. Take some of it with a grain of salt.

Any time someone brings up the fact that openbsd has unfriendly programmers, we are to call them on it.

Label it as:
    The OpenBSD Cliche

"Cliche: an idea that has been overused to the point of losing its intended force or novelty,"

That way, when anyone regurgitates this same old tired "openbsd programmers are unfriendly" argument, we can redirect them to a FUQ or FAQ.

An example demonstration of this:

Bum Bum wrote in message:
> "blah blah blah OpenBSD programmers are unfriendly blah blah blah
>  blah blah blah blah blah Not friendly blah blah Don't use it blah
>  blah blah Because they are unfriendly blah blah blah"

Hello Bum Bum, that is an invalid argument. Please see:
    "The OpenBSD Cliche".

It is in the FUQ under the beaten dead horse section.

Regards,
L505

"A philosopher who did not hurt anyone's feelings was not doing his job."
--Plato (source: Wikipedia)

"A programmer who did not hurt anyone's feelings was not doing his job."
--L505 (source: Z505)