I doubt someone who is truly unfriendly could organize a hackathon, a
    friendly social event.

He may be perfectly friendly to others.  What is relevant is that he
tends to be unfriendly to me.

    The same argument could be made about your unfriendliness. We could not
    talk to you since you have *proven* to be unfriendly:

    http://z505.com/images/gnu-sign.png

I criticized ATI firmly when it refused to release the specs for its
chips.  I'm happy to say that in October another ATI speaker came to
MIT and announced that ATI was supporting development of free drivers.
I shook his hand.  I was also told that my protest had made an
impression at ATI, so I think it played a role in bringing about the
change in policies.

However, that was nothing on the scale of unfriendliness compared to
what Theo has said to me -- both in this discussion, and previously.
I used the word "unfriendly" as a deliberate understatement, because I
did not want to start an argument about that side issue.  (Others
chose, in a hypersensitive fashion, to do so anyway.)

I reserve my unfriendliness, such as it is, for the enemies of the
free software movement -- which does not include OpenBSD.  I have
never urged people not to use OpenBSD.  I do not campaign against
OpenBSD and never did.