Benjamin M. A'Lee wrote:
On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 03:59:08PM -0500, Daniel Ouellet wrote:
Richard Stallman wrote:
    recently we saw theft of BSD to GPL, and a large part of the
    GPL community thinks there's no problem with that, that the
    BSD community is being "petty" to make an issue out of it.

I don't think it is wrong in general to relicense code from BSD to
GPL.  However, in some cases I think it is more useful not to do so,
in order to contribute changes back to the original BSD-licensed
project.
How could you in all conscience come and *talk, arguing, judging and
pretend to defend and promote freedom* when you are in fact publicly
promoting license to steel!?

Richard, *the secret software agent 007 with license to kill*?

How dare you to come and talk about freedom and promoting actions like
that!
You *can't relicense* code under your choice without the author consent
period!

I assumed that the issue was *adding* GPL code to a BSD-licenced project,
not changing the licence on the already-written code. In this case, RMS
is right that there is nothing technically wrong with this, but that
licencing the code under a BSD licence may be more useful.

Let the men talk for himself! I am sure his English is 10x better then mine and he could berry me under words I couldn't even dream to fully understand!

I may not great at this, but he clearly chose and wrote *I don't think it is wrong in general to relicense code from BSD to GPL* with the full knowledge and understanding of the meaning of each of the words as **relicense**.

I may not be English speaking born, but for crying at loud, I am not that stupid and if I can understand what he meant, I can't imagine others born with the gift of the language Richard's likes to play with, can't clearly understand his meaning full well!

If I can use my level of understanding of the language and argue and fully understand his meaning, Richard sure don't need your help to make a foul of himself or even to try to excuse him. Sorry, no cookie for you here!

And I sure don't think he needs you to defend his twisted mind and choices of words. If I don't need help to express myself, Richard sure don't need your!

He is so naked in his propaganda, and like some have said, each layers have been peeled away so bad, one at the time from his own doing, no one else, that there is only the bones left to pick on and even that start to be in a very advance stage of "Osteoporosis"!

Regards,

Daniel

PS: I can't believe in the face of total absurdity, people still find ways to defend it. No wonder layers makes a killing just by playing with the meaning of others verbal and written expression of events to their own benefits.