I'm curious how you can recomend an OS, like gNewSense that only runs on
    non-free hardware, that
    has required non-free software to be used in it's creation?

How do you do these things?  Perhaps I do them the same way.

The term "non-free hardware" is misleading, because the issues that
divide free software from non-free software do not apply to hardware.
There are no copiers for hardware and it has no source code.

As for Intels use of non-ree software, I am sorry for them, and I hope
that someday they will be able to move to free software.