> As for Intels use of non-free software, I am sorry for them, and I hope
    > that someday they will be able to move to free software.

    Is this "hope" reasonable or logical?

    Totally not. Intel just wants the best software they can afford to get
their
    chips as fast and as good as possible to market.

Since I do not make decisions for them, I can only say that I am
disappointed with their values.  But even if Intel does not value
freedom very much, they may someday have freedom if free software
is sufficiently accepted in the world around them.