> In addition, I thought that OpenSolaris was just a kernel, but it
    > looks like the question had in mind a whole system.  This
    > miscommunication has the effect of making my statement appear to be an
    > endorsement of a system.

    Huh?  OpenSolaris is just a kernel

That's what I thought.  It _is_ free software, what there is of it.
But it isn't a usable solution.  That's what I meant at the time.

    Someone like you is not allowed to spread mistruths like this in the
    media.

"Spread mistruths" is a distorted way to describe a couple of
misunderstandings.  And as far as I know there is no way to forbid
anyone to do that.  If I knew a way, I would do it.

    Since you did it three times so rapidly, I am calling you a liar.

Mistakes are not lies.  And these mistakes were misunderstandings
anyway.

      And
    since you refuse to undo your commercial support in Emacs and GCC, I
    am going to call you a hypocrite.

I'm following the same principles that I apply to others.
I've explained both these principles and my actions; the readers
can judge all aspects for themselves.