Before you argue that ReactOS is merely a free implementation of Win32
    API, let me clarify: if the purpose of ReactOS isn't to run some
    Windows-only software S, then what is the purpose of ReactOS? if S was
    free, it wouldn't be Windows-only as it would have ported to free
    OS's.

I don't object to implementing free software to support APIs that
users use.

There is a lot of non-free software written for the Lose32 API, but
there is also a lot of private (unreleased) software which runs on
that API.  Thus, its use is not only for running proprietary software.
I would ask the developers of platforms that run the Lose32 API
to tell the users that running proprietary Windows apps is not freedom.