"J.C. Roberts" <list-...@designtools.org> writes:

> The short answer is painfully simple; if you're running OpenBSD as your
> desktop/laptop and you have a clue, then run just -current.
>
> These days, the -stable branch still exists primarily due to historical
> precedence for people unwilling to update their thinking.

After 6 month using -current as desktop I was about to follow the
opposite path and try to stay -stable (after 4.7 is released).

Using -current, I sometimes have had to upgrade to the latest snapshot
just because I wanted to install some new package and bumped into an
error like "not good version of libc".

In fact, I thought that having a -release (and -stable) was a strength
of OpenBSD (if not why put so much effort for that).

--
Manuel Giraud