On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, Bryan wrote:

On 3/4/2010 7:43 AM, nixlists wrote:
Every time someone tells me to go search an archive, I want to use
profanity. They never think of just how painful mail archive searching
is, but I guess we all have to bite the bullet and use search systems
that are bad at searching.

You could start your own archive. I have the list e-mails all the way back to Jan 1, 2006. I had them back to 2003, but lost that when I lost a portable hard drive. They are mostly text, and thunderbird or *insert favorite mail client here* should have the ability to set rules and folders... I use Gmail when not at work.

Failing that, I use MARC...

Having contributed to MARC I think it's a pretty good site.  Hank has also
added lists, as in the PCC lists, when I requested.

diana