On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 11:08 -0500, Kenneth R Westerback wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 03:23:24PM +0100, Bret S. Lambert wrote:
> > > >

> > > Do you realize how painful it is to answer the same question over and
> > > over ?
> > >

> > Of course not! He can't find that thread!!!
>
> But has a point. Mail archives are dead as an interface. Google
> knows all. We should be asking 'Did you ask Google?' rather than
> 'Did you search the mail archives.' I'm sure many people have to
> go Google 'mail archives' to figure out what they are anyway. :-).
>
> .... Ken

you can use google to search the archives

put
site:http://www.mail-archive.com/misc@openbsd.org/ your search
into the google search bar

That will use the gmane archive and the power of google.

using gmane
Searched gmane.gmane.os.openbsd.misc for current ports
Around 825 matching articles. Results 1-10.
75,674,724 articles searched in 1.296083 seconds.

using google
Results 1 - 10 of about 2,250 from www.mail-archive.com/misc@openbsd.org
for current ports. (0.15 seconds)

not really sure if it's better, but it's possible. The top 10 results
are slightly different.

--
Later
Peter