On Mar 4, 2010, at 9:18 AM, J.C. Roberts wrote:

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 17:57:22 -0800 "Christopher Ahrens"
<n...@leviacomm.net> wrote:

Henning Brauer wrote:
* Jeff Ross <jr...@openvistas.net> [2010-03-02 16:59]:
I bought a replacement supermicro motherboard off fleabay that
has dual Opteron 250 @2.4GHz.  The cpus have passive heatsinks,
it is in a supermicro 2U chassis with 4 front fans.

do you have the air shroud? this plastic thing that forms a
"tunnel" over the heatsinks? it is required.

No, the motherboard didn't come with that.  If I can find one will
that mean I don't need the active heatsinks?

that's how supermicro delivers the 2U systems, so i'd say yes, you
won't
need them.

I had this problem before, an old Cereal box + Scissors + tape fixed
it right up.  But your mileage may vary

I'm Jealous! --I've always wanted a cereal console.

I know it's only Thursday but...

On a cereal console:
- exit doesn't work; you must type cheerio
- make release involves building Cap'n Crunchgen
- the secret to attaining Cocoa Puffy privilege is using Special K
  (NOTE: you must use the Corn Pops shell)
- you can mount ISO images with Fruit Loops

OK, I'm done.