Personally, I liked the article.
Small change in perspective changes an ordeal into an adventure.

Jacob Meuser wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 04:28:57PM +0300, Mihai Popescu B.S. wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > My post was not intended as a direct hit for the article. I told my
> > opinion to misc@ because undeadly ask for subscription, no more
> > anonymous coward post. Am I wrong ?
> >
> > I target airport behaviour with my comment. I use the airport for 6
> > flight until now, no problem at all with security teams. I was quick
> > and polite in answers and the time with them was short. Most of them
> > have the "nose" to see what they are dealing with.
>
> bullshit.  sorry, but that is not true.
"Smart" security will inevitably outsmart itself.
Add respect to polite in the brew.
He inspects you. You inspect him. You respect each other. Works better.

> I regularly get picked on by "authority", but it's alwasy just been
> a pointless hassle.  I'll never forget the time a cop stopped me
> in my own neighborhood, in the rain, for walking against a signal,
> when his car was the only moving vehicle within a half mile.  the
> best part was when he dropped his papers in a puddle.
>
> > If you start
> > playing, they will answer accordingly, not because you look like a
> > suspect, it is more like an answer.
>
> the only playing was their own game.  after all, it is they who
> choose to start the games.
If they are wasting your time they will keep it up.
If you are wasting their time they will drop you in a hurry.
The best tactic is when you are obviously suppressing a laugh.

> > Have fun ! (but not in sensible areas).
>
> but see, if authority can't take that you're laughing because their
> questions and assumptions *really are* ridiculous ...
>
> the lady in the office where jcr was "held" when we met him was
> in charge of the place.  and it's clear why she was in charge.
> she was sharp and no-nonsense.  of course, you want such people
> in charge of such places.
>
> even after we got out of that office I still had to deal with
> another person who inspected my bags.  with this uy though, I
> shared a good laugh, even though he was pretty thorough.
Watch how a person laughs. Even more a window into the soul than the eyes.
Customs tends to be sharper than security.
They probably do have a sense of humor,
but it is never shared with "outsiders".