Jim,

I did not acquire mercury poisoning through the skin. I took mercury into my
body by swallowing it. My mother said I had been healthy up until then. I
missed
one third of the 1st grade and my health has been poor since then. I do believe
that the mercury that has been found in my body has caused this. Yes, I agree
that we should change the base like you said.

I agree 100% about the smoking. I see no reason why those who smoke could not
have a room to themselves. I do not like this type of regulations either. I
have
had severe allergies and my mom and dad smoked like your ex-wife. I am allergic
to smoke and do not think they should have smoked in the car when we took
trips.
They acted like they would kill us if we ever started. My sister and I did not
and I am glad I didn't. I even tried it several times and it did nothing for me
anyway, but it did cause a coughing attack.

What you are saying is that we should look at both sides now (Neil Diamond) and
try to see to it that people are free to kill themselves. My mother smoked from
the age of 18 (toothache) until she was 81. She did die of COPD, asthma and
pneumonia. I never asked her to stop because that is her business.

Linda