thanks a lot guys....

i followed all the links and the steps mentioned in those links.. i created
the SSH keys, pasted the public ssh thing on the launchpad website (my
account), installed and run pageant with the private ssh key added and
running in background... then i went to the "all" button in the tool bar
and selected "launchpad" and launchpad-login and provided my launchpad id
in the relevant field.. i also set my https_proxy environment variable to
the right value.. (http//userid:pass@proxyaddress:port) and now when i try
to get a working branch on my comp, i again do the same thing but now its
not asking me for any proxy authentication or anything (n i believe that
the proxy is working fine) but its still giving me this error
"Run command: bzr branch lp:mixxx C:/mixxx --use-existing-dir
bzr: ERROR: Unable to connect to SSH host bazaar.launchpad.net; Unable to
connect to bazaar.launchpad.net: [Errno 10061] No connection could be made
because the target machine actively refused it"

is there still any step that i could be missing???