Hi,

waooh, great !

I corrected informations about "Hercules DJ control MP3 e2".

I'm not sure to understand the difference between "Mixxx Certified
Mappings" and "Community Supported Mappings". I think that this
distinction is not relevant anymore as most of them are bundled within
mixxx package. We can maybe join them in a single table or move in the
first table all mappings that are included in mixxx package ?

We should also indicate when we ship a mapping that is not fully
compatible with last mixxx version (like using old flanger effects in
mixxx 1.12)

Also, it would be great now that Mixxx is natively 4-decks to have an
indication if included mapping is 4-channel compliant or not (either
that controller is natively 4-decks or some logic is implemented to
switch channel for each deck). As an examlpe, Hercules DJ Control MP3 e2
is a 2-deck controller, but now has a mapping that can control 4
channels (with a channel switch for deck A and deck B).

---
Sébastien Blaisot

Le 12/06/2015 12:15, Be a écrit :

> I have overhauled the hardware compatibility page. It should now be way
> more useful to new users considering what hardware to buy. It is quite
> apparent that there are not many supported devices that are still
> commercially available.
>
> Changes:
> * condense OS compatibility information because most hardware works with
> every OS that Mixxx does
> * indicate what signal protocol (MIDI, HID, or NHL) controllers use
> * indicate which controllers have integrated sound cards
> * make tables of recommended sound cards with separate tables for stand
> alone USB sound cards and sound cards integrated into controllers
> * mark which hardware is discontinued and remove most discontinued
> controllers from list of mappings we don't have
> * add prices for hardware that has not been discontinued
> * sort tables by price, with discontinued devices at bottom
> * add many more devices from popular brands to list of controllers we do
> not have mappings for
>
> For some controllers with integrated controllers and Mixxx certified
> mappings, I could not find some info about the sound cards. Do the sound
> cards in the Allen & Heath Xone K2 and Reloop Terminal Mix 4 work on
> Linux? What bit depths and sample rates does the Terminal Mix 4 support?
>
> On 06/10/2015 05:01 PM, Be wrote:
>
>> I have started overhauling the wiki. Take a look and feel free to edit. On
>> the front page, I: * moved the info about GSoC to its own page, * moved the
>> links to old meeting minutes to their own page, * removed the outdated and
>> confusing link about the Hercules driver, * updated the manual link to the
>> current online manual, and * reorganized a lot of other links. On other
>> pages, I: * added Crossfade to the page about live GNU/Linux distros *
>> removed outdated info about MixxxOS * added info about Native Instruments
>> Traktor controllers to the hardware compatibility page * updated compilation
>> instructions for Fedora. * updated info about using two sound cards in the
>> FAQ To do: * Rewrite beginner's guide considering info that is already in
>> manual. I am also working on revising the manual, especially chapter 3. *
>> Add prices to hardware compatibility tables * Update info about controllers
>> where info is available * Organize sound cards on hardware compatibility
>> page into a table with info
about each OS and the capabilities of the hardware * add more sound cards *
undicate which controllers bundle sound cards

Links:
------
[1] http://mixxx.org