ok, in this case, who in the core team did review the new 4-deck
compliant mapping for Hercules DJ control MP3 e2 that I wrote ? ;)

(or maybe you already consider me as a "core team member" ? I am
pleased, but it's probably a little early)

I understand the distinction but in the facts, I didn't see any
difference.

The main difference for me is "provided with mixxx" vs "downloadable
elsewhere".

--
Sébastien BLAISOT

Le 12/06/2015 16:24, RJ Ryan a écrit :

> Certified Mappings mean that the Mixxx core team owns one and personally QAs
> the quality of the preset before each release -- typically the manufacturer
> has provided a unit to us in this case.
>
> The distinction is important because a bunch of our MIDI mappings are
> incomplete or generally crappy and we have no way of knowing.
>
> On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 8:44 AM, Be <b...@gmx.com> wrote:
>
>> On 06/12/2015 07:08 AM, Sébastien BLAISOT wrote:
>>> Also, it would be great now that Mixxx is natively 4-decks to have an
>>> indication if included mapping is 4-channel compliant or not (either
>>> that controller is natively 4-decks or some logic is implemented to
>>> switch channel for each deck). As an examlpe, Hercules DJ Control MP3 e2
>>> is a 2-deck controller, but now has a mapping that can control 4
>>> channels (with a channel switch for deck A and deck B).
>>
>> Good idea. Do you want to go ahead and do that?
>>
>> I am also thinking about adding a column indicating the general purpose
>> of the controller, such as all-in-one, mixer, effects, and loops/remixing.

Links:
------
[1] http://mixxx.org