ok, I've done some more work on the wix installer.

Can you test with this version :
https://owncloud.blaisot.org/index.php/s/GXkJvExdwTOe0qT

It's not really polished, the main issue is that it forbid you to install if it finds an older installation to avoid the conflicts you've seen on former test.

I built english and french installers, but I will need more translations. Can somebody explain me how to extract strings and make a file suitable for transifex ?
We can maybe publish it to transifex as a new resource ?

Every feedback is welcome, I'll try to do my best to address them.

Thanks in advance,

Sébastien