On 09/20/2017 05:25 PM, Daniel Schürmann wrote:
Hi Thorsten,

Thank you for your input. If you like, you could you add a paragraph that explains how to use a Surround sound card for Mixxx?

With Linux + ALSA this is no deal, my onboard soundcard has  4 x 3,5 mm output jacks, and the Mixxx hardware preferences are listing 8 channels. So there is nothing special here.  How does it look in Windows?
Is there anything special to setup?

Are you referring to the onboard sound card on a desktop computer? Yeah, the sometimes have more jacks. Whether they can typically play independent output channels I don't know. I suppose it's worth mentioning, but I've never seen a laptop with more than a mic input and headphone output jack.