James,

Have a look at http://webnographers.org, searching on the word
"mobile," for example. Theoretically and interestingly, I'd encourage
you to examine the introduction to Castells' et als. "Mobile
Communication ... "  There are a fair number of other papers on mobile
technologies here, too, so peruse carefully.

I'm currently also the main editor / aggregator at this virtual
ethnography wiki http://webnographers.org. As a wiki, you are welcome
to add resources to this already rich list, which is partly annotated:

http://www.webnographers.org/index.php?title=Books

http://www.webnographers.org/index.php?title=Papers

http://www.webnographers.org/index.php?title=Videos

http://www.webnographers.org/index.php?title=Syllabi

Best regards,
Scott

http://scottmacleod.com
http://worlduniversity.wikia.com

--
This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged