From: mobile-society@googlegroups.com [mailto:mobile-soci...@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of James Stewart
Sent: 13. oktober 2009 10:49
To: mobile-society@googlegroups.com
Subject: [mobile-society] reading ideas for class on 'mobile life' please

Suggestions please!

I teach a course on 'Internet and Society' at Edinburgh, and include one class
on 'Mobile Life'. I use some older readings on mobile phone use, but I think it
is time to update them a bit. However since these last few years I have not
been working much in the user side of mobile/wireless  I am rusty on
developments in the literature (apart from a few of the more recent books).
Can anyone recommend their top 5 readings for students (undergrad and postgrad)
introducing issues in mobile phone use from a social studies perspective?

(current reading list https://www.wiki.ed.ac.uk/display/IandS/Mobile+Life)

Thanks,

James

Dr James Stewart

Institute for the Study of Science, Technology and Innovation

University of Edinburgh

http://www.issti.ed.ac.uk

http://homepages.ed.ac.uk/jkstew

t: +44 131 650 6392

 ***Mobile Phones, Cigarettes for the 21st Century***