Stas Bekman writes:
> Luckily Matt has got sick of waiting for someone to work on the advocacy
> of mod_perl and he has just taken over it. Having a good informational
> site is good, but it's not enough. We need to solve the problem of people
> to find this site and wanting to use mod_perl. Solution? Spreading the
> word.

I picture only 10% of people who build web sites ever needing to use
mod_perl directly.  I think they're more likely to use the systems
that are built *in* mod_perl, like Mason, AxKit, and so on.  If
there's a with a lot of information about building web sites with
those systems, then you'll make people happy.

I'm an editor at O'Reilly now, for those who didn't know, and I am
*very* interested in a book on building websites with mod_perl
technology.  That's not the mod_perl book, nor the mod_perl guide, but
a book on using Mason and AxKit and the other solutions to build
bitching dynamic websites.  Anyone interested, contact me
([EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]).

> 1) Online zines.

The O'Reilly Network is one place to push this.  In January sometime
there'll be a new site launched that will be perfect for this type of
content.  I'll let you know more closer to the date, when *I* will
know more.

The mod_perl advocacy site should have RSS summaries available so that
updates can go into the Meerkat system (meerkat.oreillynet.com).  That
will also raise the image.

Announce the site (I think modperl.com or perl.apache.org should be
the advocacy site, which contains a pointer to the tech docs) in TPJ
and via the Perl News (news.perl.org).

ApacheWeek should mention it.

Nat