Hi there,

Apologies if this has been asked 2^32 times, but I couldn't seem to
find anything in the archives or on the web which would solve my
problem.

I'm developing a large-ish web site in which I would like to use a
combination of mod_perl (90%) and PHP (10%). I have run into a
roadblock trying to include the output of a PHP script from a mod_perl
script.

This would do fine:

  my $r = Apache->request();
  return $r->lookup_uri($url)->run;

But (and I am familiar with why this happens) run() dumps the results
to STDOUT, so the final HTML does not come through in the correct
order.

I tried to use Apache::SSI in this manner:

  my $r = Apache->request();
  my $ssi = Apache::SSI->new($contents, $r);
  return $ssi->get_output();

(Where $contents is the raw PHP source), but, possibly because of some
Content-type mixup, the output is returned as expected (i.e., not
dumped to stdout), but the PHP source is not interpreted.

So, in short, I need another way to invoke a PHP script from my
mod_perl application... exactly what <!--#include virtual="..." -->
would do.

Help..? :-)

- Ryan

--
  Ryan Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

  901 1st Avenue North - Saskatoon, SK - S7K 1Y4

        Tel: 306-664-3600   Fax: 306-664-3630   Saskatoon