> > Summary of my perl5 (revision 5 version 8 subversion 0) configuration:
> >   Platform:
> >     osname=MSWin32, osvers=4.0, archname=MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
> [ .. ]
> > Characteristics of this binary (from libperl):
> >   Compile-time options: MULTIPLICITY USE_ITHREADS PERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT
> > PERL_IMPLICIT_SYS
>
> Thanks for sending that ... That's strange - Win32 ActivePerl 8xx
> doesn't compile with mod_perl-1.27 because USE_LARGE_FILES is
> defined at compile-time, but you don't have that. Some time ago I
> tried a Win32 Perl-5.8 without USE_LARGE_FILES (just as you have)
> with mod_perl-1.27, and didn't see the problem you had with
> errno. Although it shouldn't make a difference here, did you use
> the stock CPAN sources or the ActiveState sources in compiling
> Perl? Also, do you find the same problem using the CVS mod_perl
> sources (http://perl.apache.org/download/source.html)?

Sure, I got the source package from CPAN.
md5sum:
d9bdb180620306023fd35901a2878b62 *perl-5.8.0.tar.gz

Also, my compiler is MS Visual Studio 6, service pack 5 installed (the
latest one).

It's a big fuzz :)) To get errno defined it was necessary to comment out
include <errno.h>. Stupid thing...

TIA,
-dmitri.