On Tuesday 09 September 2003 11:16, Steve Hay wrote:

> Those were actually my very frist ideas, but I decided that I prefer
> to have all the URL's to begin with /myproject.  I don't necessarily
> require that URL to be related to the filesystem structure, but I
> just want all the URL's (dynamic and static) to begin the same.

I have achieved that using the configuration Perrin suggested. The prefix
(/myproject) is a parameter of the configuration of the application called
"apache_location_root", and the config script fills a mod_perl.conf.tt2
like this:

Alias [% apache_location_root %]/views   [% prj_root %]/www/htdocs/views
Alias [% apache_location_root %]/images  [% prj_root %]/www/htdocs/images
Alias [% apache_location_root %]/scripts [% prj_root %]/www/htdocs/scripts
Alias [% apache_location_root %]/styles  [% prj_root %]/www/htdocs/styles

<Location [% apache_location_root %]>
   # Nothing to do with the filesystem, just handlers available in @INC.
</Location>

In our case the motivation for that is that we don't know whether our
application will run in its own Apache server, so you can hard-code that
stuff, or will need to be added to an already functioning Apache.

-- fxn