On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 23:29, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> I haven't really had a hard time with this except:
> CGI.pm  ($query = CGI->new())

What about it?  Is it not working?

> Spreadsheet::WriteExcel (0.26 or less for Win2k/ISS5.0&PerlEx current is
> .40 most likely not thread safe)
> GD.pm (ActiveState only has GD1.x for 5.6.1 and compile errors for GD2.x
> on 5.8.0)
> XML::Simple (Active State5.6.1 is only at 1.06 missing some critical
> features from the current ~2.05)
> DateTime modules (datetime.perl.org ActiveState 5.6.1 has nothing... I
> think 5.8.0 might have some)

Building your own .ppm files seems like the only way to solve these.

> use lib qw(.......) (ISS automagically adds "." to this. Under unix,
> this is not the case
>    First thought, use FindBin, but its not thread safe, so mod_perl2.x
> fails.
>    Only anwser I've come up with is to have an "installation" script
> edit a place holder in the "main" file

You could use a config file or an environment variable, but what is the
problem with FindBin exactly?  I haven't heard about it not being thread
safe before.

> However, "caching" is much more beneficially in IIS5.0/PerlEx then
> apache1.x/mod_perl1.x (rarely if ever get server by the same child in
> Apache)

In apache 1.x on Win32, you always get the same child since there is
only one.  With 1.x on FreeBSD, the allocation will basically
round-robin through all of your live apache children.

- Perrin