From: Aihong Yin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: venerd́ 31 gennaio 2003 18.01
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: autosigning certificate

Hello Zampognaro,

Hi all,
I tried to use my own CA in order to sign the CSR previously produced.
Following what I got:

[naunx04:aspprod] /home/aspprod/aspapp/mySSL/openSSL/bin> ./sign.sh
server.csr
CA signing: server.csr -> server.crt:
Using configuration from ca.config
Enter pass phrase for ./ca.key:
Check that the request matches the signature
Signature ok
The Subject's Distinguished Name is as follows
countryName :PRINTABLE:'IT'
stateOrProvinceName :PRINTABLE:'Napoli'
localityName :PRINTABLE:'Pozzuoli'
organizationName :PRINTABLE:'SchlumbergerSema'
organizationalUnitName:PRINTABLE:'EAI'
commonName :PRINTABLE:'naunx04:8443'
emailAddress :IA5STRING:'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Certificate is to be certified until Jan 29 17:29:55 2004 GMT (365 days)
Sign the certificate? [y/n]:y

1 out of 1 certificate requests certified, commit? [y/n]y
Write out database with 1 new entries
Data Base Updated
CA verifying: server.crt <-> CA cert
server.crt:
/C=IT/ST=Napoli/L=Pozzuoli/O=SchlumbergerSema/OU=EAI/CN=naunx04:8443/emailA

error 18 at 0 depth lookup:self signed certificate
/C=IT/ST=Napoli/L=Pozzuoli/O=SchlumbergerSema/OU=EAI/CN=naunx04:8443/emailA

error 7 at 0 depth lookup:certificate signature failure
[naunx04:aspprod] /home/aspprod/aspapp/mySSL/openSSL/bin>

I see 2 ERRORS:
error 18 at 0 depth lookup:self signed certificate
error 7 at 0 depth lookup:certificate signature failure

What they means? The certificate signing process is ok or not?

The certificate signing process is not ok!
Are you using openssl-2.9.6g? Please try it again with openssl-2.9.7.

I hope this mail is not too late for you!

Cheers,
Aihong Yin.