Joe Orton wrote:
On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 05:23:34PM +0200, Michael Ströder wrote:
Ok, then the OID in my cert is 0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.1 (attribute type 'uid' specified for pilotPerson). That seems right to me since it's compliant with RFC 4514 which contains a table of short and long attribute type names and their OIDs (end of chapter 3).

But now I don't understand the #ifdef-statement mentioned above. From my understanding it MUST NOT reference NID_x500UniqueIdentifier. It MUST reference NID_userId. To me that looks clearly like a bug in mod_ssl.

Changing it would break backwards-compat which is why the #ifdef is there (so that the _UID variable refers to the same OID regardless of what OpenSSL version si use).

1. I seriously doubt that there are any certs out there which use x500UniqueIdentifier in the subject-DN. If yes, then these certs are also seriously broken.

2. It's simply broken that attribute type UID in mod_ssl differs from OpenSSL here.

Ciao, Michael.